From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 20654
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Hello Keith,
Just been looking at your photos , which I do quite regularly, It makes me feel not quite so far from home, and I sit and think about all the good times I had there as a child during the war, and we did have fun lots of it, I don't suppose that we as children really knew exactly what was really going on. When my father used to come home on leave before he went overseas, he used to stand his rifle in a corner and tell me not to touch it. Mum and I travelled down to England to be beside him. We were in Westonsupermare the night before it was bombed, they knew what was coming so we all had to get out that night. When we got home my Mum put the news on to hear what had happened and it had been bombed, the hotel we were staying in was gone, people I had got to know were gone. People had run to the beach and as it had been a moonlit night they were all gunned down.
I was very young when that happend but I can remember things from way back then.
The books that Carol McNeill wrote and photos in them are really so good, everyone from Kirkcaldy and Dysart should have one especially those of us who live overseas.
Sorry I seem to have got carried away there, hope no one minds. Has anyone else got some memories they would like to share with us .

I will come back to earth now and go make some tea, all this writing makes one thirsty.

Hope to hear from you soon, Regards Ann.
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:36
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  bettyboop2544
      bettyboop2544
Re: High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower
Home away from home
From
Level : 18
HP : 0 / 426
MP : 125 / 15363
EXP : 7
Group:
Members
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:37
  •  keith
      keith
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 8969
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Quote:

bettyboop2544 wrote:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures

Betty, I don't think that went quite as you intended. Were you trying to post a picture? If so, the only way at present is to upload it beforehand to somewhere on the web - most ISPs allot some space to each subscriber. I'm not sure what software to recommend for uploading from a Windws PC since I always use an Apple Mac for my website uploads.

Once it is somewhere on the web then you link to it in your post using the IMG button and enter the complete address (URL) to your picture.
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:38
  •  bettyboop2544
      bettyboop2544
Home away from home
From
Group:
Members
Yes Keith I was trying to put a picture of my new grandaughter on will have to make some time and get them on a site, I have used one or two befor, Blueyonder, Pixum etc. but just to save them until I get them onto discs.
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:39
  •  bettyboop2544
      bettyboop2544
Home away from home
From
Group:
Members
Hi Keith, I have just tried to post a pic and get the message "Dynamic pages in the (img) tag not allowed, don't know what I'm doing wrong
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:40
  •  keith
      keith
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 8969
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Quote:

bettyboop2544 wrote:
"Dynamic pages in the (img) tag not allowed"

Betty, Good News and Bad News

Be #OOPS#ured that you are not doing anything wrong, you have just chosen by chance to use a site that cannot be linked to.

Firstly I'll explain briefly what a dynamic page is:
Dynamic web pages are not normal web pages like you or I might upload as part of a home site. Dynamic pages get their content from a database and if the database contents are changed, then the webpage coding changes accordingly - all automatically. This is achieved by using what is called a 'script'. This KDY Book forum itself uses dynamic pages - you can tell that from the .php in the address line at the top of the browser. It lets the page change as every new post is submitted

I don't think dynamic pages in themselves prevent you linking to an image. I believe it is the Host Company that prevents outside websites linking to its images in order to protect its bandwidth (That means that its computers would be helping to run other peoples websites at the Host Company's expense).

I have just now tried including an image from 'Yahoo Photos' where my nephew has posted pictures of his honeymoon. I get the same error message as yourself (Sorry, dynamic pages in the IMG tags are not allowed).

Here is the good news.
I have also just tried linking to a photo on 'Webshots'(www.webshots.com) and it worked.

I have now removed it from this post because it is not mine and is a copyright image - but it works.

The only difficulty was locating the actual url of the image. I'll tell you how to find it if you choose to use Webshots.

You didn't say what site you were trying to link to for your photo, but whatever it was, it seems to be behaving the same as when I attempted to use Yahoo Photos and you will just have to accept that it won't work there.

If you still can't get it to work then let me know where you have put it (by private email if you don't want it on open forum) and I'll try to help.

--------------------
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:56
  •  bettyboop2544
      bettyboop2544
Home away from home
From
Group:
Members
Hi Keith, I have 3 sites where I store pics, Yahoo, Blueyonder and the one I tried the other day which is Pixum, I will put the photo in the Blueyonder albumn and see if it works from there, but have still taken a note of the Webshots addy just in case, thanks
Posted on: 2005/4/25 19:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.

Recent Topics

Most Viewed Forum Topics

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
Scottish Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[16] 110 109104 2016/12/28 20:23
Annie 
Domestic bliss I tawt I taw a putty tat..., local fauna and flora    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 90469 2007/12/25 14:28
bettyboop2544 
My Holidays your favourite holiday    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 87188 2007/8/16 19:39
Annie 
International Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[11] 74 81143 2016/1/20 2:04
Annie 
Food for thought... Eight legged Aussies    [1][2][3]...[6] 39 60712 2007/1/21 2:37
Annie 
Domestic bliss High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower    [1][2][3]...[6] 36 57019 2006/5/20 17:35
Annie 
New Kirkcaldy Book web site updates. KB SITE UPDATES & NEW SECTIONS    [1][2][3]...[5] 30 55726 2006/6/17 20:25
Annie 
Domestic bliss Dysart New Developments    [1][2][3][4] 26 52191 2008/1/4 9:46
Dysartian 
Drop in for a cuppa.. A nice day, summer on the way    [1][2][3][4] 26 46229 2005/8/2 7:21
Annie 
Drop in for a cuppa.. Family Tree Research, Marshalls from Kirkcaldy    [1][2][3] 17 42655 2006/1/7 4:04
Annie 
Copyright © 1999-2012 The Kirkcaldy Book      HOME | FORUM | CONTACT | THEME BY XOOPS FACTORY