Group:
Members
Betty,
Your post (the last one on page 1 of this thread), states:

Quote:

Posted on Nov 24 2004, 11:03 PM by bettyboop
The Blueyonder did'nt work so trying the Webshot, here goes LOL
image16.webshots.com/17/8/9/17/222080917RTytXW_ph.jpg

You almost have what you need there. So you must have been able to get the address (URL) at that time because that was the one that I used, except that I just put http:// in front of it.

Try going into Webshots without logging in so you are viewing it as a visitor, just as I was. Go to 'Community' and use 'Find a Member' down near the bottom to find your username.

Don't give up on it yet - you can't let a dumb machine get you beat.

BTW I am using Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2900.2180) with Windows XP andService Pack 2 installed. I have no extra firewall in action. I know it works for me because I have successfully linked to other members' photos. I edited them out as soon as I saw they had worked (for copyrighr reasons and because they were not related to this site or thread).
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:12
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower
The Boss
From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 21384
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Hi Betty , Keith, Thank you Keith for helping Betty get that wonderful photo of her baby granddaughter and herself on the forum for everyone to enjoy, and make us all wish it was us. I miss those special times cuddling the kids, make the most of it Betty they all grow up so quickly, she looks like you Betty. How is her sister coping with the new baby.
Well can you believe that it is almost Christmas again, is it like Christmas at home with snow etc., we are lucky we have been getting a bit of very welcome rain. It was almost 40 deg. on Sunday and very humid, they tell us Christmas day is going to be hot as well, so it looks like the pool will be getting a bit of use.
I hope all is well with you Keith, will school holidays start soon? how long do you get now at Christmas time?.
Our kids have been of on holiday since the 1st. of December.
I hope you all have a very safe and happy Christmas and a very Good New year.
regards Ann.

--------------------
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:14
  •  xlfifer
      xlfifer
Just popping in
From Las Vegas,Nevada
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 46
MP : 5 / 1737
EXP : 86
Group:
Members
Have to agree with everyone - for us exiles you are our roving reporter, the man on the spot so to speak. When the better weather comes in maybe you can do some request work - how about shots of Ravenscraig Park, Beveridge Park, Mill Dam, Dunnikier Park, where Seafield Pit used to be,the Prom, new developments at the Harbour etc. Someday I hope to get back, was supposed to be last year but I had a heart attack and quadruple bypass - OK now but won't be travelling for a while.

(QUOTE)

That man to man, the world, o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that

Robert Burns January 1795
Posted on: 2005/4/27 12:02
  •  keith
      keith
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 9286
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Quote:

xlfifer wrote:
. . . - how about shots of Ravenscraig Park, Beveridge Park, Mill Dam, Dunnikier Park, where Seafield Pit used to be, the Prom, new developments at the Harbour etc. Someday I hope to get back, was supposed to be last year but I had a heart attack and quadruple bypass - OK now but won't be travelling for a while.

Wow! Quite a list. Some of that may have to wait until I retire (max 3 years).

In the meantime you can view some alternative photographs of Kirkcaldy (and other parts of Fife) at a site set up by a friend, a professional photographer, living in Balsusney Road.

http://www.porridgepicturelibrary.com/default.asp
go to Search Library and use the drop-down menus to choose a location or subject.
Posted on: 2005/4/27 13:28
The Boss
From
Group:
Webmasters
Hi Xlfifer,how is your health these days I hope you are getting back to normal as much as possible. Like you I have a list of would love to see photos of kirkcaldy, but as you can see Keith is very busy and has in the past posted some wonderful photos for us, I will see if we can get some one who may have a bit more time to take some more for us. I do not know how Dysart harbour is coming along, but I am sure it will be great when it is finished, and a pleasure for one and all. Thanks to Keith and his photos we all have a better picture of how things look now.
Well it is almost lunch time so I will say bye for now and hope to hear from you soon. Regards Ann.
Posted on: 2005/7/12 19:24
  •  keith
      keith
Reply to xlfifer
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 9286
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Well, I have complied with one part of your request. Tonight, I have posted 6 pictures of the new developments at Kirkcaldy Harbour. Five of them I would classify as record shots simply recording what has been built (but in as picturesque manner as I can manage). The last one, of the 'Boats For Sale' shed, is more of an indulgence on my behalf, creating an atmospheric picture rather than a record (though of course it is that as well). I hope you find these informative, and if I get time, I may post a few more.
Posted on: 2005/11/1 16:11
Re: Reply to xlfifer
The Boss
From
Group:
Webmasters
Hi Keith, how was the holidays and your Mum good I hope?.Well once again we have to thank you for your wonderful photos, I am sure all ex-pats will like myself will just love to see them. It takes you home even for that few minutes you look at them,and it makes you feel good. It is very nice of you to take the time and the effort to take and post the photos for us. Are those flats for sale or do they belong to the council?. One thing I do look at on the photos Keith is the sky, I like to see you are getting some good weather. How is the Dysart Harbour project coming along, it is good to see improvements are being made to both harbours. I would love to come home ans see all those things for myself, if I could just get on that plane.
Posted on: 2005/11/1 22:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.

Recent Topics

Most Viewed Forum Topics

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
Scottish Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[16] 110 115762 2016/12/28 20:23
Annie 
Domestic bliss I tawt I taw a putty tat..., local fauna and flora    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 96069 2007/12/25 14:28
bettyboop2544 
My Holidays your favourite holiday    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 92143 2007/8/16 19:39
Annie 
International Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[11] 74 85656 2016/1/20 2:04
Annie 
Food for thought... Eight legged Aussies    [1][2][3]...[6] 39 63882 2007/1/21 2:37
Annie 
Domestic bliss High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower    [1][2][3]...[6] 36 59831 2006/5/20 17:35
Annie 
New Kirkcaldy Book web site updates. KB SITE UPDATES & NEW SECTIONS    [1][2][3]...[5] 30 58497 2006/6/17 20:25
Annie 
Domestic bliss Dysart New Developments    [1][2][3][4] 26 54757 2008/1/4 9:46
Dysartian 
Drop in for a cuppa.. A nice day, summer on the way    [1][2][3][4] 26 48490 2005/8/2 7:21
Annie 
Scottish Dishes YOUMA    [1][2][3] 20 45085 2009/6/12 0:38
Annie 
Copyright © 1999-2012 The Kirkcaldy Book      HOME | FORUM | CONTACT | THEME BY XOOPS FACTORY