The Boss
From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 20952
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Hi to one and all, just to let you know that I am still in the land of the living, sorry but I have been sick and also having problems with my knees, seems like new ones will be required at some stage. I have had problems bending them so sitting at the computer has been very difficult and very painful . I will do my best to answer all posts and say hello to all new people who have joined the forum, and to all other I say thank you for your patience. Regards Ann.
Posted on: 2005/6/27 21:29
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Kdylass
      Kdylass
Re: KB SITE UPDATES & NEW SECTIONS
Just can't stay away
From
Level : 7
HP : 0 / 164
MP : 25 / 6016
EXP : 59
Group:
Members
Hi Ann
So sorry to hear that you're having a hard time just now. Have you tried putting your computer on a high surface? Just kidding, but I seriously considered that a while ago when I was having a problem sitting (a bruised coxyx, but we won't go into that)
It is very frustrating when you realise that you just can't do as much as you would like to. I look out on my garden, which is at almost a 45 degree slope, and I know there is so much I should be doing (feeding, weeding, putting down mulch etc), but just don't feel up to it. I wonder if it is more of an unwillingness rather than disablement?
Please do not feel that you have to answer this, I know you'll have read it and that's enough for me
Take care of yourself,
Janice
Posted on: 2005/7/1 2:58
The Boss
From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 20952
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Hello Janice, thank you for your kind thoughtsyou are so right you feel so restricted and it gets me annoyed. I love gardening but since I had my spinal operation, I am no longer allowed to bend, so I have started putting plants in pots that I can reach which is not the same as gardening, the drought we are having is not doing the gardens any good and so many plants and trees are dying.
I should get the results of my xrays tomorrow. I hope you are feeling better sore backs are no good. Does your garden look just as pretty as the pictures you posted, and how is the cat doing?. My cat does not like the rain or the cold weather and just stays indoors as much as she can, she would not be any good in Scotland, I would never get her outside. Our visitors from home did not want to go home they liked it here and are planning another trip or maybe to stay for good, it was so nice to talk to them and get all the news from home. Will have a wee break and talk to you soon. Thank you Ann.
Posted on: 2005/7/1 5:14
Curator
From
Level : 5
HP : 0 / 114
MP : 15 / 4303
Group:
Webmasters
Members
Hamish here, back from the dead...

The Photo Gallery is working for everyone now, and annie has started with some holiday snaps..

You can change the way you view the pics, so if you are using say a dial up connection and don't want to download the BIG pics you can size them down to say 400 so they pop up a bit faster etc.

Let me know if there are any problems..
Posted on: 2005/7/19 22:53
  •  keith
      keith
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 9098
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Hi Hamish, It is good to see the site is still developing. I took a look at the gallery and have a question or two.

Is this section available for all members to include their own albums?

If so, then how does one go about it? There are no 'create' buttons, tabs or icons.

I notice that the gallery section is 'members only' so I assume the intention is for members to be able to create albums and upload images - but we are all left wondering "How?"
Posted on: 2005/7/21 16:09
Curator
From
Level : 5
HP : 0 / 114
MP : 15 / 4303
Group:
Webmasters
Members
Greetings Keith,

Thanks for your valid comments/questions.

I guess it was unfair of me to expect that every member had the Photo Gallery instructions tatooed under their eyelids at birth :)

Yes, the Gallery was certainly intended for use by Members, but I hadn't quite reached the point of allowing Members to create their own galleries yet.

HOWEVER,

..now that you bring it up, here is how we need to do it for the time being.

If any user would like to have their own Photo Gallery, please just let me, Hamish, know and I'll set it up for you. Once created you can control it as you wish.

At a later stage members will be able to 'create' their own galleries, but for security and other reasons that is not yet available.

I will be sure to respond quickly for anyone who asks for this to be enabled.

We'll start with you Keith.. I will creat your gallery shortly after submitting this post and you can let us know if the system works as it should.

Finally, the KBook 'development' is indirectly linked to that of the XOOPS CMS engine, which probably means nothing to anyone here, so I'll quickly explain. The 'software' or computer code that allows all the parts of the Kirkcaldy Book web site to interact is based on XOOPS Content Management System. As with most CMS this is developed and maintained by a large group of people from all over the world. I was concerned that even though XOOPS presented the best solution for this web site, that it may have been falling behind in certain respects and so I decided to wait a little while before adding more functionality, in case it became prudent to change over to one of the other systems, like Mambo for example. So far I haven't reached that decision, and as this is currently a non-commercial, non-profit, labour of love I figured it was the best time to watch the various options before going hell for leather. I just hate doing a lot of work to find out that it's all wasted, if you know what I mean.

Anyway.. I hope that some members will start a gallery as we seem to have a couple of star shutterbugs here..

Cheers for now!
Posted on: 2005/7/21 17:47
  •  keith
      keith
Re: KB SITE UPDATES & NEW GALLERY SECTION
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 9098
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Thanks Hamish. I tried out the new gallery with some 3yr old photos. Yes I succeeded, but not without problems. I will e-mail you the details.

The 13 pictures now added to the gallery were taken in Sydney in July 2002 during a 3-day stopover.

I have recently taken some views of the new harbour developments in Kirkcaldy. I will post these once I have done some computer processing on them. That may take a while because some friends from Tasmania are arriving this afternoon and staying for a month.
Posted on: 2005/7/23 3:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.

Recent Topics

Most Viewed Forum Topics

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
Scottish Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[16] 110 112042 2016/12/28 20:23
Annie 
Domestic bliss I tawt I taw a putty tat..., local fauna and flora    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 92724 2007/12/25 14:28
bettyboop2544 
My Holidays your favourite holiday    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 89397 2007/8/16 19:39
Annie 
International Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[11] 74 83124 2016/1/20 2:04
Annie 
Food for thought... Eight legged Aussies    [1][2][3]...[6] 39 61916 2007/1/21 2:37
Annie 
Domestic bliss High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower    [1][2][3]...[6] 36 58132 2006/5/20 17:35
Annie 
New Kirkcaldy Book web site updates. KB SITE UPDATES & NEW SECTIONS    [1][2][3]...[5] 30 56878 2006/6/17 20:25
Annie 
Domestic bliss Dysart New Developments    [1][2][3][4] 26 53231 2008/1/4 9:46
Dysartian 
Drop in for a cuppa.. A nice day, summer on the way    [1][2][3][4] 26 47259 2005/8/2 7:21
Annie 
Drop in for a cuppa.. Family Tree Research, Marshalls from Kirkcaldy    [1][2][3] 17 43519 2006/1/7 4:04
Annie 
Copyright © 1999-2012 The Kirkcaldy Book      HOME | FORUM | CONTACT | THEME BY XOOPS FACTORY