Just can't stay away
From
Level : 7
HP : 0 / 164
MP : 25 / 5930
EXP : 59
Group:
Members
Friday! That's today so you may not read this until you get back. Driving in Scotland is easy, just remember that we also drive on the left.
It is cooling down a bit now but we've had a few hot ones lately.
Catch ya later
Janice
Posted on: 2005/7/14 23:45
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: A nice day, summer on the way
The Boss
From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 20654
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Hi Janice, hope the weather is still good and you are enjoying the summer. How is the cat ? I bet he loves the sun as well. The weather here today is crisp but bright sunshine no clouds, the kind of day for a walk. I hope Marjorie has good weather as well, and has had a good run to Kirkcaldy. How is your garden these days Janice?, we have had some rain and that has helped keep the plants going, we have daffodils out already so when spring comes we will have none. not that we can't enjoy them anytime. Ann
Posted on: 2005/7/17 22:13
  •  Kdylass
      Kdylass
Just can't stay away
From
Group:
Members
Hey Ann, sorry to be so tardy in replying (insert feeble excuse of choice here)
Cat is doing fine thanks. Yes, she does love the sun, but, being a most peculiar cat, she also enjoys the rain. She has also taken to invading other people's houses/garages/garden sheds. If she sees an open door, she's in there, like the proverbial shot.
Garden is doing OK too, which is a bit disappointing. I didn't feel up to doing quite so much tending this year and, do you know, it doesn't look all that different. Maybe a few more weeds than there would be normally, but that's about the only difference. So, even my garden doesn't need me any more.
Posted on: 2005/7/25 1:29
The Boss
From
Group:
Webmasters
I enjoy hearing from you Janice, you make me feel good and I get a laugh. The cat we have is from people who moved into the street a few years ago, and they don't know where she came from, she just made her home with them and when they moved they brought her with them. Then she decided to stay with us and the other people said they did not really want her so she could stay with us and she has an very seldom leaves the garden, I could not have bought a better cat she has a lovely nature. Well for the garden we are trying hard to catch all the water we can when it rains to help save our plants, we have a lot of golden cane palms that we planted not to long ago so we are trying hard not to loose them but like you the weeds seem to grow no matter what. We are also getting a lot of birds we do not usually get due to the drought as the food is scarce for them so we give them bird seed etc. to help them. Look forward to more pics. from you. Ann
Posted on: 2005/7/25 4:44
  •  Kdylass
      Kdylass
Just can't stay away
From
Group:
Members
Hello again Ann
I'm glad that you find my childlike sense of humour amusing. Try telling that to my DH; he keeps asking me when I intend to grow up. Wot? Me?
That's a lovely story about your cat, and it backs up my theory that we do not choose our cats, rather, they choose us
I got a very sad email from a friend yesterday, telling me that when they came back from holiday a fortnight ago, their cat, who was being minded by someone else, had gone missing while they were away. They have searched ever since, but can find no trace of her. I haven't said to him, but I think that the cat decided that she had been abandoned and went looking for a new owner.
Posted on: 2005/7/28 23:55
The Boss
From
Group:
Webmasters
Janice tell your husband I think your humour is great, and in this day when things get so yuk it is people like you with a great sense of humour that are good to have around, you make us feel good and if growing up means you have to lose that then don't. It is very sad when you lose a cat or dog and you don't know what happened to them, my daughter had a big black cat who always stayed around the yard and he has just gone they have not been able to find him. I like the photo of your cat up on the roof, I have some other pitures to post of other cats I used to have, they say I have a sign on the door strays welcome. We had dozens of the big #OOPS#atoos in the garden to night they are hungry due to the drought and are coming into garden looking for food. Have a great day Ann
Posted on: 2005/7/31 6:58
  •  keith
      keith
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 8969
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Hi Ann,
I thought Hamish was going to fix those big #OOPS#atoos!

You are right about cats choosing their owners. Some years ago now, I left the door ajar whilst I went for the daily newspaper. I then left for work. Later that morning my wife found a ginger tabby asleep in the bedroom! My wife didn't scare it or anything bad so maybe that was a big mistake, for now it treats us as its reserve home. It transpired that it lived 14 doors down the road. Now whenever it can't get into its own house, It comes and howls/sings at our door to see if we will let it in and particularly if the weather is wet or cold we usually comply. Its owners have just been on holiday for three weeks. They made arrangements for the cat to be fed every lunchtime (garden shed) but the cat is a people cat and craves company so it has hardly been away from us all that time except to get food. It loves to lie on someones lap - any lap will do as long as the owner will tolerate it - it even jumps up on visitors that are unknown to it.
Its real owners are back now so we have seen less of it this week but it still comes for attention now and again.

We have had two cats of our own in the past. One lived to the age of 12 (mother) and the other to 18 (daughter). We have also previosly had a dog (unrelated) but have no pets at present.
Posted on: 2005/7/31 14:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.

Recent Topics

Most Viewed Forum Topics

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
Scottish Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[16] 110 109103 2016/12/28 20:23
Annie 
Domestic bliss I tawt I taw a putty tat..., local fauna and flora    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 90463 2007/12/25 14:28
bettyboop2544 
My Holidays your favourite holiday    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 87183 2007/8/16 19:39
Annie 
International Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[11] 74 81142 2016/1/20 2:04
Annie 
Food for thought... Eight legged Aussies    [1][2][3]...[6] 39 60710 2007/1/21 2:37
Annie 
Domestic bliss High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower    [1][2][3]...[6] 36 57013 2006/5/20 17:35
Annie 
New Kirkcaldy Book web site updates. KB SITE UPDATES & NEW SECTIONS    [1][2][3]...[5] 30 55721 2006/6/17 20:25
Annie 
Domestic bliss Dysart New Developments    [1][2][3][4] 26 52186 2008/1/4 9:46
Dysartian 
Drop in for a cuppa.. A nice day, summer on the way    [1][2][3][4] 26 46225 2005/8/2 7:21
Annie 
Drop in for a cuppa.. Family Tree Research, Marshalls from Kirkcaldy    [1][2][3] 17 42652 2006/1/7 4:04
Annie 
Copyright © 1999-2012 The Kirkcaldy Book      HOME | FORUM | CONTACT | THEME BY XOOPS FACTORY