From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 9469
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Hi All,
Since I won the camera, Admin Annie has been putting pressure on me to take some pictures around Kdy and post them here for all you ex-pats out there. Until such time as I (a) master the controls of the new beast, and (b) get suitable weather, I thought I'd post 3 of my paintings of Dysart. Keith.

St. Serf's and Pan Ha'

St. Serf's Tower

Boats in Dysart Harbour

Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:19
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Dysart Art, Watercolour Paintings
The Boss
From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 21806
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Keith.... what can I say WOW WOW WOW..... those paintings are abosolutly wonderful, I used to play all round those places, we used to say Mary Queen of Scotts was beheaded at the St Serf's Tower. ( not true of coarse but we kids like to think so).

Are you sure you are in the right job, did you take a photo of the places you painted?, they are so like the real thing, they look like water colour. I like to paint as well and sketch, but not nearly as good as your pictures.
Do you sell any of your pictures?, I don't think you would have any trouble selling them.

I must say Keith you once again made my day waking up to see those wonderful paintings, I can't wait to show them of.

Well Keith I hope you can work your camera out faster than I am doing with mine, I have a bit of trouble trying to keep still sometimes so I have got a tripod, which I just got and have not used yet, I still have a lot to learn about the camera.

Well Keith I am sure you are going to get lots of praise for those paintings,keep up the good work.looking forward to seeing more of your paintings ( I hope ).

Well it's Sat. night and we get the Bill tonight and we look froward to it, we like to watch shows from home, we get quite a few Scottish films as well.

I am going to spread the word about your paintings as I don't want anyone to miss seeing them.

I am of to have a cuppa and watch the Bill, thank you again, have a nice day.
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:20
  •  keith
      keith
Emeritus Professor
From Kirkcaldy
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 249
MP : 47 / 9469
EXP : 97
Group:
Members
Yes Ann, they are watercolours. I do tend to paint in a very detailed style and they take me ages since I don't have much time to devote to it each week. I took photos for reference, but don't try to paint an exact copy of the photo. I leave some things out, move others around and change the size of objects if I feel it helps the composition. My more usual subject matter is probably best described as surrealistic and painted from imagination, but it is paintings of real scenes that people want to buy.

The photos used for the three paintings are attached below so you can see what I have changed/improved.

That will have to do for today as I have still got some forms to print for members to use to enrol in Kirkcaldy Art Club. Enrolment for the new session is on Monday and I am their secretary. We meet in Hot Pot Wynd, Dysart, in a building that used to be the Nun's Laundry. We had 93 members last year. Keith

Pan Ha'

St. Serf's

Dysart Harbour

Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:23
  •  bettyboop2544
      bettyboop2544
Home away from home
From
Level : 18
HP : 0 / 426
MP : 125 / 16220
EXP : 7
Group:
Members
Well I have'nt got my camera yet but look forward to receiving it and getting to grips with the technicalities, it took me ages to get used to the one I have now the paintings are excelent Keith and I just love that wild sky. will have to sit down some day and get my website sorted on here and get some photos in it the I can use the IMG facility as hamish does'nt seem to keen on installing the browse function, all my photos are on CD's, I did have some in other sites but if you don't access within a month they are lost.
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:25
  •  Dysart Lass
      Dysart Lass
Not too shy to talk
From
Level : 3
HP : 0 / 73
MP : 9 / 2785
EXP : 93
Group:
Members
These are great Keith! The first one of Pan Ha looks very much like a watercolour that I have hanging on my living room wall. It was painted in 1949 by my great uncle John Ramsay who owned a wee sweetie shop right next to Meikle's factory gate. Also next door tae the Black Bull

Cheers, Helen
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:26
The Boss
From
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 573
MP : 231 / 21806
EXP : 95
Group:
Webmasters
Quote:

Dysart Lass wrote:
These are great Keith! The first one of Pan Ha looks very much like a watercolour that I have hanging on my living room wall. It was painted in 1949 by my great uncle John Ramsay who owned a wee sweetie shop right next to Meikle's factory gate. Also next door tae the Black Bull

Cheers, Helen

Hi Helen,

Was it your Dad that had the Sweetie shop near the Man in the Rock Pub or your Uncle? I can still remember what he looked like, he was a jolly person, and I still remember the raspberry drink I used to buy.

Ann
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:27
  •  Dysart Lass
      Dysart Lass
Not too shy to talk
From
Level : 3
HP : 0 / 73
MP : 9 / 2785
EXP : 93
Group:
Members
Good morning Ann!

Originally it was my paternal grandparents (James and Betsy Ramsay) who owned the one beside the Man In The Rock and then my parents bought it.

There was another teenie wee shop farther along the High Street right beside Meikle's gate that was owned by my grandfather's brother John and his wife Teenie Auntie Teenie made great hough that she sold in teacups that had had the handles broken off. The Health Department would close her down today

Cheers, Helen
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.

Recent Topics

Most Viewed Forum Topics

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
Scottish Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[16] 110 120297 2016/12/28 20:23
Annie 
Domestic bliss I tawt I taw a putty tat..., local fauna and flora    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 99411 2007/12/25 14:28
bettyboop2544 
My Holidays your favourite holiday    [1][2][3]...[13] 84 94302 2007/8/16 19:39
Annie 
International Dishes recipes to share    [1][2][3]...[11] 74 87895 2016/1/20 2:04
Annie 
Food for thought... Eight legged Aussies    [1][2][3]...[6] 39 65481 2007/1/21 2:37
Annie 
Domestic bliss High views in Dysart, from the top of St Serf's Tower    [1][2][3]...[6] 36 61426 2006/5/20 17:35
Annie 
New Kirkcaldy Book web site updates. KB SITE UPDATES & NEW SECTIONS    [1][2][3]...[5] 30 60004 2006/6/17 20:25
Annie 
Domestic bliss Dysart New Developments    [1][2][3][4] 26 56321 2008/1/4 9:46
Dysartian 
Drop in for a cuppa.. A nice day, summer on the way    [1][2][3][4] 26 49750 2005/8/2 7:21
Annie 
Scottish Dishes YOUMA    [1][2][3] 20 47958 2009/6/12 0:38
Annie 
Copyright © 1999-2012 The Kirkcaldy Book      HOME | FORUM | CONTACT | THEME BY XOOPS FACTORY